Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Follow up on testing with EP

I had my follow up appointment today to go over all the testing I had with the Cardio/EP dr I went and saw last month. It was of course, a LONG morning, between driving down in commuter traffic, to waiting an unusual amount of time for the DR to come in...But alas...He arrived, with answers.

First off. The echo was normal. so YAY about that!

The event/loop monitor showed no arrhythmias...Also super good!

The tilt table test, although it did not show the "gold standard" , it did show some interesting results in regards to the hypersensitivity from the iso. Basically, the results from that and my history, I was given the diagnosis of neurocardiogenic syncope, also known as  Neurally mediated syncope.  Which is a dysfunction of the autonomic system. It is a sub set of POTS, which he thought might be the final diagnosis. Either way, they are groups into a syndrome called, dysautonomia.

Treatment:

Increase salt and fluid intake to reduce triggers. And, I started on a beta blocker called, Toprol XL. Starting at 25 mgs....

So, all in all. It went great. I learned I am NOT crazy, hopefully, I can start feeling a bit better, with the addition of medications. Hopefully not forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment